Sunday, October 18, 2009

Car Shopping 101...(eh hem) Remedial course.




Cheq out these cars...sexy right? One on the top is a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass, on the bottom a 1952 Citroen Traction Avant. I love both but Im partial to the Cutlass. Im a bit of a car lover folks. My father had all girls and I was forced to sit next to him while he worked on the cars. I moaned and groaned while he barked at me but apart from his blah blah blah...I enjoyed it. I eventually wanna fix up a classic car of my own in the near future. SICKNESS! Anyway, on with today's gripe.....
Im sorry I just have a lack of respect for women that drive cars and know nothing about them. Stop perpetuating the stereotype that we are less smart about machinery. Like seriously. You have the manual that comes WITH the car. Flip through it once and and a while, dont just look at the pictures. I am trying to sell my car right now and this lady wanted to test drive it. I was like ok, smart she wants to cheq out the car. Umm...NO, basically she wanted to make sure it ran. Thats bout it. She didnt ask any specifics about it, didnt pop the hood and cheq the oil, didnt pump the breaks, and she even looked at me crazy when I said she's welcome to take the car to the mechanic and cheq it out before she makes her decision. Hmm...ok stupid
So we're driving and shes asking me if the car can take her to Florida. Umm. sure I guess. Although if you are driving it that far you might want to replace the shocks and the muffler as I stated in the ad. She asks me are they important? Umm yeah. Then I had to explain to her what the shocks and muffler are and what they do. Smh.
Seriously when I looking at a car or driving a car, I want to know about the vehicle thats taking me from A to B and back to A. Can it get me there? Will I have problems? What do I need to cheq? what do I need to fix? Basically all the info I was trying to give her she could care less about. All she wanted to know was will the car get her to Florida.
I mean, would you sleep with a man you know nothing about? Theres a chance of infections, accidental pregnancy...wouldnt you want to know what you're dealing with before you get down with the get down. Its no different with a car. Would you put your life in the hands of sumthin you havent checked out? Im just sayin...

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment