Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh I got ya gigabytes....

I cant make up the weird people I seem to encounter. When I look back at the situations that occur...I think, did I do sumthing to bring this on? Am I wearing the creepy nana pheromone today. But nope. Just regular ol me. So cheq out what went down this week...

I found out that its not good to have your laptop function on just your adaptor alone. My battery has been dying forever and I just thought if it was plugged in it would be straight. Umm...my motherboard said no and she bit the big one. Ugh! So I cant go without a laptop. This is how my unemployed ass is applying for jobs. So I go to this spot on Atlantic Ave that repairs laptops. The guy that works there, Mamoun, tells me its the mother board and gives me an awesome discount. I'm thinkin cool, this cat is hookin a struggling sista up. We chit chatted about my last name and where Im from, what it means. Blasay Blah. All to the good. Or so I think...

Before I got the prognosis, I was out and about waiting for him to call me about what was wrong with it. I guess I didnt hear the phone ring and so instead of leaving a vmaill, he texts me. For some reason Im like, why is this cat textin me?? You dont know my plan man!!! I could be on prepaid (Im not, but still) Textin is if I know you and we are cool like that, not for business. But anyway he texts me to call him ASAP. I did and thats when I found out the motherboard was gone. He says he's ordered the part and is going to throw in a new battery free. Nice right? WAIT....

2 days later Im out and I get a call from him and he says the laptop is ready. Score! Im going to write the convo out like a play cuz thats how I do.


This scene takes place in the car on Atlantic Avenue around 3 sumthin. Me and my homegirl just came from brunch.

(Lookin for the Perfect Beat aka my ringtone...starts to come from my purse)

Me: Hello
Mamoun: Hi, this is Mamoun. I finish with your laptop the RAM will be in on Monday but you can come pick it up now
Me: Ok, thanks. Actually, I dont think I will be able to make it by closing. I'll come pick it up tomorrow
Mamoun: Yeah I chequed everything added 1gb and removed any viruses (virusi? hmm...)
Me: Ok thank you I wont be back in town until after you are closed. So I can just come and get it tomorrow.
Mamoun: what time?
Me: Probably 8pm
Mamoun: Oh no, too late. I leave at 5:30-6p
Me: (sigh and eye roll) Yeah I figured that, which is why I said I will come tomorrow.
Mamoun: what time?
Me: I dont know like between 11a and 12p
Mamoun: Ok. I will see you tomorrow then around 11
Me: ok.

3 and a half hours go by and i get another call...FROM MAMOUN! WTH!

Me: Hello
Mamoun: where are you?
Me: Scuse me?
Mamoun: I thought you coming to pick up laptop. Ive been waiting. I usually finished
Me: (face squeeze) Im not in Brooklyn now and wont be in BK by the time you close which is why I said I would come tomorrow around 11a
Mamoun: Oh yeah. Oh right ok yea 11a
Me: (annoyed) yeah
Mamoun: Yea so is there anything else you want me to put on laptop.
Me: Umm... nope
Mamoun: No movies? What kind of movies do you like?
Me: i dont know comedies, action flicks
Mamoun: Would you like for me to download for you?
Me: umm...no dont really need any but if theres something you have. Sure.
Mamoun: what kind you like?
Me: (irritated by his insisent tone) I dont know. Dont really need it though
Mamoun: Oh. No? Cuz I find movie on your laptop when I clean for virus...eh...porno
Me: (wtf???) Whoa wait, that is not mine. My laptop was bought USED and that has been on there since I got it. It has a virus which is why its not opened.
Mamoun: (disappointed tone) oh. its not yours?
Me: NO ITS NOT!
Mamoun: So err...you no want me to download some for you?
Me: (vomit) What??? NO!!!
Mamoun: Why you dont watch?
Me: NO i dont!
Mamoun: I could download some for you that you might like. You will enjoy.
Me: I said no, and its not mine!! If its on there and you can, delete it!!! And why are you asking me this?
Mamoun: Oh ok. Sorry sorry.
Me: (pissed) I'll come tomorrow and pick up my laptop (click)
(If there was a shower around, I surely would have gotten in it cuz that convo was the nastiest shit)


Ok, so my issue with this is umm...who the hell calls up a customer to ask them if they can download porn on their laptop??? Like FOR REAL!! Are you freakin serious??? Even after I told him it was not mine and I dont watch it, he was insisting that he had some he could download for me. Im more than a little disturbed that you have porn laying around your store so readily available that you can download it for anyone that asks. And I also took offense at the way his tone changed from respectful store owner to raunchy perv after he found this on my laptop. Like if I was a porn watcher Im supposed to be talked to in this pervy tone. Get outta here with that man!

Then when I came in he was giving me this creepy look, so Im mad short with him and straight to the point about getting my laptop. And hes all like... I am happy today you know why? Im like why is that? Cuz I see you today. (hurl) Hmm. ok. bye. I was cordial until I got my laptop back cuz I dont want him hiking the price up on me or not giving me my stuff back. But I am not going back for my other gigabyte. Hell to the no no no. Not with all that creepy nana stuff he was talkin. Why? why do I get approached like this. I dont put out a creepy nana vibe, Im all ladylike and what not so...ummm. WHY! Im just sayin...this ladylike I have on can only be worn so long. Its like an 18 hr bra at hour 21. Sumthin is about to go down. Im just sayin.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment