
Yes, its 6am and I am still awake. And before you even think it...no I am not on the white dragon, Im not fighting the crazy monkey, Im not doing the Sinus Samba, I havent gotten a brand new bag, I JUST CANT SLEEP!! Ive embraced my insomnia/off-set sleep cycle and channeled my crazy into several activities. One of them being this blog. I will wind down in a few. I will just apologize for any typos now. Its 6am, havent slept yet and the screen is moving which Im sure is not a good thing. So yea...just read it, and let it go.
Umm.. so I was doing my early morning job application routine while listening to my music and I was turned Vivian Green. Big mistake. I was listening to "What is Love" and could not help but remember the snot nose cry sessions while singing this song out loud, off-key, reminiscing on love bullshit. And Im thinking how much music enables some bitter ass emotions. I mean I was fine, doing my apps then this song comes on and Im like YOU BASTID, THATS WHY I CANT STAND YOU!!! Umm...and realized...no one is there, bitter chick. Calm down take the brick out of your bathrobe...put the sugar down...umm yea cuz he didnt even have a car. Seriously, where are you going? Sit down somewhere. I love Vivian Green but I cant listen to her now. One minute Im hopeful, Im sad, Im bitter, Im dancing, Im vengeful, Im diggin him, I wanna steal his identity and make him straighten the shit out for the next 5 yrs....Relax, I dont mean that, I meant I metaphorically want to fuck him up. Anywho, I feel real emotionally bi-polar right about now...but still got that Vivian in rotation. Im a glutton for punishment I guess.
See how I went from being in my job applying zone to a drip nose mess off some lyrics? I swear some of these songs are like psychic readings. They say just enough to you that is relateable to something EVERYBODY has gone thru but it sounds so uniquely designed just for your problems. And make you believe they understand you on some deep spiritual level that requires you to put them on repeat like their album is some meditational buddhist chant taking you on a pilgrimage to clarity. yea...Im gonna go with a no on this one.
I mean is it just me that gets so swept up in music like this? Some songs will just take you there. Like literally, you imagine your own rendition of the video and everything. Ive got like 400 remixes to songs burning a whole in my brain.
Im very discriminatory about what movies/music
I let get to me. I could listen to the most vulgar violent music (the radio) and be fine. Not affected in the least. But put on some Ledisi and I'm Goin thru Changes right along with her. Aww crap...here goes Will Downing now. Im bout to get all reflective now in an ol school, grown folk kind of way.*tears*. Awwww damn Music, I wish I knew how to quit you. Its too much. Im just saying...





0 comments:
Post a Comment