Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All Hail...


Now I am not the star struck type. I see celebrities and im like eh...so what. But I HAD to blog about my recent encounter(s) with one said . Queen freakin Latifah. YES! I saw her. Count em, 3 times! I was at work and looked down the line. I looked and was like wait...was that? Nooo. But...Then I looked again. I was like, oh my Gahhhh! It IS her!!! Shes lookin at me like come on, put two and two together...you can do it...THERE YA GO SWEETIE! Figured it out all by yourself. Yay! I Deeed it! (meep meep)

So anywho, she obviously sees the private little girl giggles a=and then the staring then looking away and smiles at me as I head nod to her in black body lengua. sup Queen! You have to understand, I am such an admirer of this woman, not a fan...cuz thats for crazy folk. I admire her as a lyricist, business woman, as an actress and as a full figured woman doin the damn thing, regardless of the high standards the industry puts against her. She's beautiful and she carries herself as such!

The most recent time she came in I was standing right next to her. Like, reach out and touch her (but not in a creepy way) kinda reach out and touch her. She apologized for using up the last of something...I dont remember and I said. "Oh its no problem thanks tho." She was like "arite, have a good one" OH MY GAHHHH! I spoke to her!!!!!!! I had to check myself...Like did I really emit audible words, or did I scat unexpectedly for lack of anything intelligent to say.

I need to come up with a script since I cant get my shit together when she's there. Im trying to say something to her that she doesnt hear all the time. "i love your work" "I loved you in ...." "Hey Kadijah!" Definite NEG-O-TIVE! I don't want to be THAT person that bothers her when she's just trying to head to the gym. But she's nice every time she comes in. How many times in your life do you get to meet people in the public eye that you admire?Gotta make it count when you do or its wasted opportunity. Im just sayin...


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment