Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The lil fro that couldnt...


Wow, I havent blogged since October? Thats not good. Well, im not on anyone's time clock so I guess its whateva. So I was hoping to start vlogging about my Big Chop, natural hair journey but the journey has hit some NYC potholes and phucked up the whole plan. First, my video cam is back in my hometown, and possibly not where I left it and I am NOT buying another one right now. Second, the journey is not starting off well, I feel like Eddie Murphy in the Golden Child. All these challenges.

When I did my big chop I did it in my hometown, where black stylists are few and far between and if they ARE there, they look at natural hair like they dont even know what to do with it. So me showing up with my frayed fro saying shape me up...they look like they want to say, "Thats terrible girl, you want me to throw some 2b hair on that to cover THAT up. That? You mean my hair. Umm...no just shape it up. SHE BUTCHERED ME! I think I only paid her so she would stop. I figured, no biggie, it will grow back.

Anywho, Ive been reading up on different natural products that I can use on my hair to aid in growth and what not. I read Castor Oil is good for moisture. So I went to Namaskar(sp?) to get some. (cue dun dun dun)

I started massaging this into my hair every other day. No initial good or bad things to say about it, I knew it would take a while of using it to see any difference. hmm...unfortunately a while is not what I had when I started to be XTRA tender headed...thought it was just the combing of my nappy do, and just went about my regime. But the pain of my scalp got worse. I swear I could feel a soft spot...you know, the one you have as a baby but your skull grows and disappears. I didnt even want to comb my hair. Then I look in the mirror, part my hair and see this village of huge rashes all up and through my hair waging war against my poor scalp. Then, the hair breakage...lawd! I would run my hand over my head and my palm would be covered in hair. I was so done with Castor oil. Damn my sensitive skin!

*Sidenote: I would have taken pics...probably while playin opera cuz it was THAT tragic it needed its own theme music. but for some reason during my move, all my memory sticks got damaged..and Im frugal, no Im cheap, ok no Im frugal, so I dont wanna get a new one now for baby Nikon.

Well i can mark castor oil off as a product that I can use, apparently Im allergic. I cringe when I even see that ingredient in anything. I know that alot of people say natural hair products are kind of trial and error...but for real for real I dont feel like going thru drama every time I want to find products to aid in my hair growth. Im just sayin...

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Temitayo and Brenda E said...

Thanks for sharing I'm still on a journey I will keep you posted Stay tuned :)

Post a Comment