Thursday, April 21, 2011

Exodus


Wow, haven't blogged in a minute. Not since the big move. Thought I would do a brief update. NYC and I parted ways earlier this month. I would divulge why I had to leave so quickly but Ive told this story so many times, Im over it. All I can say is, headed to a city where roommates aren't the norm because they are a triflin' mess. In Wisconsin, straight from high school, I didn't live in a dorm, I had my own spot. And its a lovely experience to have your OWN spot. The only person you have to get mad at for late rent is you.

So, Im back in my home town for the moment. I stress the word moment. Im over it already and its been just about 2 weeks here. It's too small, too boring, too blah. It's the reason why I left for NY in the first place. NY and I didnt get along so well but who knows where I will end up in the future. Might go back when I have things straightened out. But I dont know, an apt. all to myself really appeals to me after living in NY. For now though, I must admit, the break from the stress I had there, feels good.

Ive been checking out Chicago and it looks like Im leaning more towards there than back east. It has the big city vibe with more of a small town cost of living. I couldnt believe when I first moved to NY and a room cost the same amount as an entire apt. Its crazy. And it feels that way living on top of people like that. ugh! It started to get to me. You would have to burrow for peace and quiet. Get on the train, something crazy is poppin off on the train. Go to work, something crazy is poppin off at work. I was SO freakin done at the end of the day.

Fingers crossed within the next few months I will be in Chi-town. I checked out some possible neighborhoods and I was really feeling it. I couldnt believe how much was going on downtown but it was quiet. It has a nice cool vibe there. Can't wait to get started on this next page. Its all about moving forward and progress. Minor setbacks but... things are gonna get brighter.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

damali said...

Can't say I blame you but you will definitely be missed....even tho i only mostly ever saw you on fb anyway-lol

Leah said...

Glad to see you blogging again. Missed ya :)

Post a Comment