Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yes yes yall...

Theme music..."Still Here" Jill Scott
Artwork by Tanekeya Word
**************************************************

Its been a good minute since I been on this here stayshun. Iono, just felt like a blog post today so here I is! (James Brown slide)

Transition! That is the word in my realm at the moment. Lotta changes happening or in cue for happening and its a beautiful thing. Been back in the hometown. Finally getting a breath and getting time to actually sit down and just process. I took a lot of time for granted in NY, not purposefully, but when you're ripping and running...time gets away from you.

Been enjoying teaching the kiddies at a Montessori School back home. Me myself, Im a Catholic School kid but I am diggin' the Montessori method. I wish it would be implemented in schools all around. Im just seeing the difference. Kids just listen better with that one on one interaction. They have structure they have goals and tasks. AND we can give some more teachers some jobs if we add more teachers in the classrooms.

Never knew I could have deep conversations about organic fruit versus store bought and Pangaea with a 5 yr old. lol. They crack me up with their fun facts and random isms of waking up from naps and peeing in the nearest containers available. I...honestly dont even have any reprimand for that. lol. Its...yep. I mean... what do you say when a kid has his Pikachu in the dish bin and is midstream? smh. (throws up hands) So yep, other than work its pretty uneventful in this here town but Im appreciating the time to regroup and focus.

Which brings me to transition. I like to believe that signs are everywhere to give us hints in this complicated maze called life. So Im being observant. Im a butterfly fanatic! Ever since I was a kid, Im just in a trance when I see them. The colors, patterns...Im all about the aesthics of random things. Not too many butterflies known to be around here but Ive been flanked by butterflies for like 2 mos straight. Not boring ass monarchs either...bright tiger pattern butterflies have been literally following me EVERYWHERE. Im like arite arite. I get it CHANGE (cue A Change is Gonna Come. Otis Redding version, not Sam Cooke)

And change it is. Im planning a relocation that is long overdue and one I believe will yield the benefits I seek. lol. Sounds like Im going on a pilgrimage dont it? Im determined to make my way. Im embarking on a career change that to some might be a 360 but in actuality...its just another side of ME. Im literally all over the place. Im excited, Im anxious to get this journey on its way. Its gonna be a trip...but Im open and Im so ready.

Hindsight is a beast! Im just amazed at the things you realize when you just be still and let things happen. Im a grownup! Shit! When did this happen? lol. But its a beautiful struggle learning who you are. Im looking back on things that have hindered me, mistakes that couldve been prevented, what Ive learned from said mistakes and what Im going to do to change my course. Im learning the importance of having positive energy, positive people in your space and knowing when to distance yourself from the bad juju some folks emit. Im reconnecting, building, recognizing what I want/need in my life at this point. In the words of Martin Lawrence..."Love's in ya face, I say love...love's in ya face!" lol

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment