Thursday, June 10, 2010

Black Sweat...


*crickets*.....

Seriously, that should sum up how eventful Wisconsin is. Been back 2 weeks now and the job hunt continues. Gotta get back to NY. Im shocked that those words came out of my mouth as much as I complained about NY when I was there. I think it was the laid off voice talking. It sounds a lot like me only more irritable and more cursing. Get it together Grouch.

But I am bored in this po-dunk town. I need culture, I need things to do. I need the craziness that is NY or sumthin like it. My fam is trying to convince me to check out other places to move. Im like where would I go? Chi-town is cool but I can only take it in small doses and then Im good. Moving, relocating, thats just more stress for my brain right now. I just need to get a job, so I can handle my business. Supplies aren't cheap. Not that being around the fam is not a good thing but Im bored out my mind.

Lawd, I met with my trainer yesterday. This morning, I feel like she never left me. I hurt from the roota to the toota. But I have to just keep reminding myself that the pain is good, just some muscles being waken up. One thing I don't miss is Midwest rudeness. I prefer blatant disregard for manners than the niceness wrapped in a small pox blanket type of behavior up here. So Im at the gym, in the trainers section and there is this old white man working out in some too short shorts, showcasing the most melanin-challenged skin I've ever seen in my life. Anyway my trainer is trying to use the bars that he's cock blocking...no, I mean this literally. I was like eh hem sir, please move so your ol' man tether balls dont smack me in the fo' head while Im working out. He still wont move. Im like what the fraggle??? I know he sees me. This is Midwest rudeness. He doesn't care for my presence but doesn't have the cojones to tell me to my face, so he will just try and make me uncomfortable enough to leave. Umm...I am not the one. When he saw my weight bar swing a lil too close to his probably replaced hip, he moved away real quick.

RANDOM SIDENOTE...

The Terminix commercial with the giant termite that knocks on people's doors trying to get in people's houses, with the creepy chester voice....yea...dont quite like it. Kinda freaks me out a lil. Why is he all wet looking? like they coat him in KY jelly and they even add sound effects so he sounds like wet crevices. Goodness, if I ever find a termite Im burning my house down. (changes channel)

OK, SIDE NOTE OVA...

Well, Im continuing the search efforts. I feel like Im waiting in line and I have to wait til all the people ahead of me get jobs before I get mine. If thats what I have to do...so be it. Just hurry it up folks, my budging foot is getting testy. The art is coming along. Im trying to do some new things and the aesthetics are really kinda fly, if I do say so myself...and I do. Nothing brings me more peace amidst all this stress like creating. As long as I have that...Im gon' be all right.
(cue Good Times theme song)

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment