Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bring back love in the club...

Wow, almost a whole month and no posts...hmm...what happened there? Preoccupied I guess. Anywho, so Im in the midst of returning to New York, we're gonna try this one mo' gin. I dont think the move back is necessarily all for pleasure's sake OR what it should be...to run away from this gawd awful town. I think I just dont want the final say to be..NY beat me. When I can accomplish what I know I can...then I will say bump you New York, on to bigger better things. I mean, its rough and unforgiving, but have to roll with it or concede.

Okay so im getting older and noticing several things about myself that are changing, besides my age. Im like the reincarnation of an ornery 84 yr old woman. I was one of those that could not nap in the middle of the day. No matter how tired I am, once Im up, Im up. Now Im halfway through the day wondering when I can sneak one in. Its restlessness hitting me hard and cant wait till it passes. Cuz im bout 5 min from predicting the weather with my bones.

Now (chokes) marriage is sumthin that Im still heckling from the side lines but I dont know. The 84 year old woman in me WITH the church hat tilted to the side thinks it wouldnt be so bad. Let me explain why. I love to travel, love to explore and be out and about. But I think Im a homebody at heart. I love wrapping myself in a blanket and chillin with a good flick (AND a warm body) Im good. lol. Oh lawd let me stop...bout to change my name to Pearl and fill my bag with Werther's Originals.

I dont know. The whole "scene" is just irking me lately. Im mad testy so might just be me, but to each its own but Im gonna speak on it because...I feel like it.

Im lookin at some of these women in the clubs like...wouldnt you love to dance with someone? I mean REALLY dance with someone. (No, its not your turn Whitney...SADDOWN!!) Its such a rarity to see a man or woman approach one another and dance face to face. I saw this older couple at a younger folk club and they were the cutest. GIVING FACE! I loved it. Yes! You dance with your woman, you do that Chicago step! It was great to see that. Really, nothing feels betta than a strong grip hugging your waist and your clasped hands playing with the hairs on the nape of their neck as you rock back and forth, against. That is sexy. I know I know, who doesnt like a nice slow whine. But seriously...nowadays being asked to dance aint nothing but a dry hump with a soundtrack. Im just like, let me know when you are done so I can wet nap my outfit you come quick bastid. Weyooo.. lil bittahness crept up on me...Imma bring it back. Happy place happy place.

I dont need to reminsce on my childhood when I dance. I dont wanna be bunny freaked while my back is to you either. Scrrrrrrr. lemme rephrase that, UNLESS there's a mutual UNDERstaaanding cuz there is nothing wrong with a lil eh em...accompanied by some slow jam music. (Aww...remember H-Town?) But, if I dont even know your last or even FIRST name, keep it in the holster buddy. Thats just sad and nasty. Take care of that before you head to the club if you cant control yourself. God forbid I end up on a TLC show called "I Didn t Know I was Pregnant, Who da Pappy, cuz...I danced" with so many people that night."

Please, lets not play this eye tag/eye freak game. Im too old for it. I have one of the worst attention spans as well. I will take my jump rope and go home. Yea my attention span is bad, i forget my thoughts daily. I would say I'll work on it but, probably wont. Im just sayin...

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Claudy you are a good writer, so when is that book coming out?

Post a Comment