I am shoulders hunched to the sky
confusion resounding
louder than spirituals off baptist tongues
I've laid offerings up to enough godless souls
to make me question the existence of good in man
The essence of me upon open palm
forced from that place within
still seeking approval
Instinctively it balls into fists and keeps to me
I've diviied up what is not yet there to give before
only to pull back an empty hand
I wont apologize for life now making me stingy
Days never go uninterrupted
always thinking back to move forward
Stumbling along the way amongst flashbacks
and those conversations in foreign languages
You know...the romance ones,
like bullshit and UStillPhuckinLying
Each diety bringing more lessons then the last
but as for these zealots and their
faux alters of substance
I left religion on the steps of my childhood
along with genuflecting before winos with collars
and regurgitating mantras
So there's no worship for them here
at this temple





1 comments:
This is a beautiful poem!!! And your blog is wonderful, I love the playlist :) You should make some new posts!!
feel free to check out my blog:
www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com
Post a Comment