I have been back in the states for 1 week, and the ENTIRE week I was sick. My sinuses just waged war on my head and I was out for the count. Doesnt help that jet lag still has me dragging. I cant do AC for long periods of time and KLM OD'd on it...for 14 hours. Thanks KLM and your smile challenged flight attendants. I swear my left butt cheek is still in my seat. FYI fly Delta...so much more comfortable. KLM fell all the way off.
Anywho, trying to get back into the swing of things. Reality has brought me back to things I have to accomplish. One thing I can say is that the trip has renewed my sense of creativity. I know that as an artist I have to learn from every experience, good or bad, and consistently improve my skills. This is how I can challenge myself. So I threw out all the old stuff .(metaphorically) I have new ideas and designs Im working on for my jewelry. Digging deeper into me to create some work I can be proud of. I do want others to appreciate my work but more so, if Im not happy with it, no one is going to see something I think is lack luster. I feel that if I put in the time and the effort, good things will come from my labor.
I used to love to post my work up when I finish them but I think for now, Im going to keep it on the low. Concentration is key. Im easily distracted so the more I can just block out the chaos and do what I do, the better.
Oh... cut my locs the day before yesterday. Havent posted pics yet of me and my dome and dont know when I will cuz...yea. just cuz. Cutting them has been knawing at me for months. Ive had dreams of myself without locs, even had a dream where I was cutting them myself. But I shook that off. The other night I was like cut em, cut em, cut em, then I swear someone called me a punk ass and I went all Mommy Dearest and grabbed the scissors. Afterwards, i just rubbed my hands over my head. And that was that. Done. Felt better about it and then I was wondering what took me so long. Its just hair.





0 comments:
Post a Comment