Friday, May 14, 2010

Ghana 2010: Day 50 "Fufu Booty"



Ghanaian people are some of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. Both the men and the women. The combination of the deep brown hues and the strong features...is just breath taking. I dont think a lot of them know how naturally beautiful they are. Which is why so many have a whole Indian villages of weave stacked on top of their heads or they are wearing Western getups, that are just over the top even for the west. Its the ones with the short cropped hair, and african cloth draped around them that just make you appreciate Ghana. The features just jump out at you and say Im African, look at me! Its an amazing thing to see and Im glad I had the opportunity to come and be witness to it.

So my days are now down to 8 here. A sista dropped a lil weight while I was here which is the launch pad for my rejuvination plan for my (gulp) 30th birthday in Nov. Gotta get my mind and body right so I can focus on the direction of the next decade of my life on a conscious, concrete path. Im not getting younger, might as well get wiser right? Where was i going with this? Ahh yes. Body rejuvination...

One things I noticed in Ghana. EVERYONE has a booty. I know this because I have a jealous booty. She tugged at me while we were walkin and was like how come we dont stick out like the other booties? How come we dont jiggle when we walk? "hush now booty, hush." But on the real, the african booty is not a myth. My cousin has a butt that moves....when she is standing still. I kid you not. I keep waiting for monkeys to jump out her booty. Looks like a barrel of monkeys playin. Ugh. JEALOUS! But Im thinkin to myself, Im a full blooded Ghanaian, why is mine not at Ghana booty specs? Im already still tryin to learn the language, I cant have my card revoked over a technicality like lack of booty buoyancy. Now my fam says I have one, of course, everyone has one but Im talkin quality not quantity.

(pensive face)
Mine..hmm....mine just...doesnt have the same watamelonesque sphere aesthetic as everyone else's ( I made that phrase up, you like it?)

Im asking myself, if I am a full blooded Ghanaian, why am I gluteusly challenged? I was like, is it the food? I eat Ghanaian food. I just cant do fufu....(lightbulb) Omg. Is it the fufu? I mean, its does have the same jiggly consistency of a booty. I dont know the physics of it all but perhaps...No, that cant be it cuz my ma hates fufu and still has one. NORTH FREAKIN AMERICA has brought down the circumference of my glutes. Its the western gravitational pull that has my booty all lack luster. Yep, thats it. This is what im tellin myself. I know. No excuses. Time to put my plan into action. Its gonna be squat city

Im on a mission to regain my place in the line of great Ghanaian booties. Regain? lol. Im sayin this as if I was stripped of my title. Lemme stop. How bout take my place in the long line of great Ghanaian booties. Yea, thats better. It will take some work, but I am up to the task. Fufu booty here I come, either that or imma stick 2 fufu patties in my pants...Im hoping it doesnt come to that cuz them suckers are sticky and they dont keep well.

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lmao @ "watamelonesque"

this post was my favorite yet... i wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that it revolved around the subject matter of beautiful african booty... hm.

Yaa Animwaa said...

lol. hmm. ya think?

Post a Comment