
I wasnt going to blog today because...i dont know...just one of those days. But have to speak on some nonsense goins ons here. I do not make this stuff up. I swear I dont. I just walk into it. That, and Im a lil nosey. eh hem..inquistive.
Apparently witches are big bizness here. They have jobs up the ying yang cuz thats all I keep hearing being slung back and forth in the fam. And I guess since folks have stopped talkin to one another...to be called a witch is an insult. umm...oook. I feel like I walked into a bad after school special... from the 80s, blue eyeshadow, hooka red lipstick, stonewashed jeans, feathered hair..I mean locs, cardigan sweaters, and loafers.
(loc toss)
Im trying to keep a straight face too when they are yelling back and forth about this person went broke cuz their mom is a witch. No they probably went broke because they tricked off their money. Umm...REALLY? How old are these people? Why am I the only grown person in this room? Witches?
I think the television networks and the film industry are partly to blame. There are like 8 channels in people's homes that dont have satellite. And like 5 out of the 8 channels play African movies all day. And the majority of these films have themes about demons, witchcraft, curses (and they glorify domestic violence as well) Miseducation is the worst education you can give to someone. When you have these themes running on a consistent basis, and your pastor in your ear talkin but devils and goblins, or whatever they talk about...that mess becomes more than suggestive. People believe it. There are a lot of talented Ghanaian writers. Producers need to step up and pick up scripts that have actual plots not the same Brothers Grimm theme ova and ova again. Ugh!
My ma and I go to my aunt's house for a bit and they start discussing in Ga, I tune out. Im still trying to work on my twi, but most of my ma's fam speaks Ga which confuses me a lot. But in return Im starting to understand that a lil as well...if I concentrate on the conversation. But ugh, im tired...dont wanna. Anyway, Im tuning out until Im dragged back in the convo by my ma. "eh, evryboh-dee is a witch now. They might call me a witch because my children are noht mahreed and dont have kids"
lmao (snort)
Now they feeding my ma into it. (Im all, just drink your water ma.) Thats not why Im not married and dont have kids but thats another blog.
Are you serious? If someone called me a witch to my face I would laugh so freakin hard and tell them to get the hell away from me and kiss my Merlin luvin ass. Then go back to coloring. I dont have time for people's over active imaginations and christianity warped minds. Saddown somewhere. I caint...caint. That would not piss me off in the least. Now exchange that "w" for a "b" then we might have a situation.
But on a sidenote, what do you do with folks like this...eff with em. Help them? (booo) No, eff with em!!! I swear if I could find a costume shop I'd show up at the house dressed like Harry freakin Potter. lol. I would!
And honestly...Im lookin around...and in my head...Im wondering. They reeeeeaaallly need help. Why arent they locked up? I know, I know you're like how could she say that about family? but seriously. Witches? If bad things are happening to you and people dont wanna come around you, its not them, its you. A witch. smh. People dippin in the Palm wine. Im just sayin...





2 comments:
lol! two thumbs up!
I consider this that same as when people blame the "devil"...just different kinds of the same crazy.
Post a Comment