
Today...not a bad day so far. I woke up feeling positive, had some good music on the ones and twos or is it the twos and fours. Umm...i dont really know. Lemme stop talkin about it before I lose my focus. Theres an unusual calm a bout today.Maybe some good is coming...or maybe Im tipsy. Either way...Im good.
I have 20 days left in Ghana and even though I cant wait to be in the comforts of temps under 80 degrees and hug modern appliances...I did all fine in Ghana. Am I surprised, no. I found it kind of funny that if I would pick up the broom to sweep they would snatch it from me and tell me I am a guest, I dont sweep. Umm...I sweep everyday in the states. I dont have servants or any of that why....cuz Im a regular ass person! I wish there was a seminar I could hold here on the truth of America. Because it is seen as this great place where everybody is rich and live like kings. Even people that actually come to America and find out its not that way at all, will go back home and pretend they are loaded. America is rough...not as rough as everywhere else, but its still rough. Dont talk to me like Im the
So all the blah blah about me not speaking the language I shrug it off. I will learn it in time. I know this. Im African...and no book taught me that. Thats how I raised. Im saying this as I take my bucket baf (thats how you have to say bath) lol. Im walkin around with cloth wrapped snug around my waist, bare feet slapping the concrete, cooking food from the elements around me...and I do it with ease cuz its in me. Ive always been the type of person that if I dont have what I need...I work with what I have to make do. Thats how I was brought up. And that was a whole continent away...
Pause...
Im sorry have to comment on this cuz it distracted me but while Im typing this there is this african movie on and the love scene is really painful. Just picture Frankenstein and his bride going at it. This is just sad. Oh, its ova. That was quick (im not surprised) Anywho....
I have 20 days to accomplish alot. I still have to go to Krobo and go bead shopping...crossing my fingers that I can take a class that day as well. Trying to expand what I do in any way I can. Creativity is has no boundaries so Im trying to run free in it. Also have to get to Cape Coast and visit the castles. This is a must. I dont care if I have to hop on the bus but Im going. There are a few art spots that I want to check out as well but have to research more on where they are at. Thats what sucked about this trip. I didnt get to immerse myself in ghanaian arts and crafts as much as I had hoped. Thats why I have to come again when I have no obligations here. This really is a beautiful country tho. Im just sayin...





0 comments:
Post a Comment