Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ghana 2010: Day 40



Today we went to Mamprobi to visit my aunt. 5 days ago her 38 yr. old daughter died of a stroke...on her birthday. Aint that some mess. But the ugly thing in all this is how her family is acting during such a painful time. Now Ive talked about my fam a lil bit but the back biting is on some Lion vs Antelope, national geographic shit. Im happy to have met some family here that I will definitely keep in contact with and feel close to but the others...I'll gi' em to ya for a quarta!
Im serious.

*For those of my fam members reading this, relax, not talkin bout you. If I didnt like you, wouldnt have added you. Moving on....

Something I have run into here in Ghana is religion abuse. Yes, Im going to talk about religion. I dont want any zealots hitting up the comment section or trying to convert me. Saddown, Im hard headed and I will turn you off! One thing about religion, I respect everyone's right to practice whatever they desire. Now I myself dont subscribe to any religion, I believe in God and I have a spiritual connection and personal relationship with God that I dont have to or care to justify. The worst is when I find out people belong to certain religions and they want to go all used car salesman on me. Im like wait, wait, wait...before you start preaching at me...just gotta do one thing...

(Gets up...walks out the door...starts up engine...drives off.) Yeeeeaaaa, not comin back.

I cant deal with it. Keep your beliefs to yourself and I will respect you so much more for them.

Now getting back to what I was talkin bout. Christianity is on steroids here. Dont get it twisted, Ive seen the same things in the states. But anyway its to the point where anything that is not in the way of how these preachers (more on preachers in a bit) teach, is considered the work of the devil. I told them I was going to Yoga and they said hmm...dose indus...dey ah bahd oh. Really? The peace and love everything and everyone Hindus are bad but you are the epitome of good? I'd believe you if hadnt just seen you snap the head off that chicken and didnt have a cows head lookin dead at me right now!

Some people even believe the individuals that are ill or born deformed are cursed. So often they are told to kill children born with deformities. And one thing I noticed is you dont see a lot of disabled people out and about here. An article is coming on the lack of accessibility for disabled people here, its atrocious. When I asked why I dont see alot of disabled people around I was told the families hide them because they are ashamed. smh.

Goodness, so I have this person in my family who in my opinion is one of Lucifer's minions. I say that because she does evil things to people and seems to take pride in it. I havent seen this chick in like 6 yrs but I just wanna OOOOOOH , OOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOH. (takes boxing lap) Wait...where did this spit bucket come from??? Raaaaandom! Anywho, you ever have that ONE person in your family that loves to start trouble between people. Thats HER! And her ignant ways are just infesting the family. HOLY GHOST FIYAH, HOLY GHOST FIYAH!!

Im sorry I just wanted to add that. The African movies a lot of times have religious themes and thats what they say when they are trying to stomp the devil outta someone. lol. Kills me everytime. ahhh...k

So Im sitting with the family at my aunts house, and although this is my 2nd time seeing her, 1st time seeing her kids, I notice this distance between her and her kids. Im wondering why they are mean mugging their mother except for 1 or 2 of her daughters. Apparently my cousin who passed, had a previous stroke, which my evil cousin decided to call the work of witchcraft and blamed her own mother for it. The kicker is that people actually believed her. My aunt is mourning her child, she doesnt need this drama from people that have nothing better to do with their time.

Im watching tv shows here and they have evangelists everywhere, claiming they can heal people, they are speakin in tongues and all this foolery. Im like are you serious? But the thing is Christianity is so over the top here that people are even going bankrupt giving money to these preachers, paying to believe. These preachers are hustlers. Straight up! Ive talked to people who's families have been torn apart because these preachers will come and tell a family that so and so in the family is causing all your problems, they are a witch. Then without even thinking they will stop talking to their family members because some Edited Bible toting idiot told them so. (must be that Rick James Version) ENOUGH!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The Rick James version. I just pee'd my pants! You better PREACH sis...Totally on target, and most observant. I gotta share this with my parents will agree with you too.

Post a Comment