.jpg)
.jpg)
Oy! We are headed back to the states today and I see why they ask you to be there 3 hours ahead of your flight. Thats the exact amount of time it took to get on the plane. So many bag checks and document checks and questionable fees (I think they were bribes) just to get to security and have to do it all over again. Im spent.
Im in line after the security check and this thick what I think is Dutch accent asks me is this the line for KLM. Now at this point Im sleep deprived, and starving which equals...dont poke the bear. So I turn around cuz at first I didnt understand what this person asked me, and Im all stank for no reason. WHAT? KLM, is it here? I turn around and my anger turns to muffled laughter, Two middle aged Euro tourists with Bonquita red micro braids in their hair, lookin like they bout to do a Milli Vanilli karaoke act. Awww man. The stank has passed. That was too funny a scene to stay pissed.
So we are on the plane back to O'hare and its freakin cold, Im starving, and I know crappy food is coming. So I settle in to watch the in-flight movie. Invictus. Mad late in watching this but for some reason didnt really feel like paying to go see it in the theater. So I bought this $1100 plane ticket to watch it instead. Just kidding. Anywho, umm...this movie sucks. Im so serious. Is it 47 million people in South Africa and they couldnt find one mofo that resembles Mandela even a lil bit? I cant take Morgan Freeman and his whack ass South African accent. He sounds like JFK not Mandela. Ugh! Shut up! And really, rugby? Its that dramatic? They had to make a whole freakin movie about Rugby. Umm...Africans are about football. I havent heard a lick about Rugby. Thats Euro ish. Anyway. I watched this movie and could still give a flyin fraggle about some Rugby. Hmm...Corruption, racial tension, black south african culture, the residual effects of colonialism, Black South African living situations in South Africa, South African music...these are all topics I would love to watch a movie about. Rugby?...umm...rugby?
(walks to the cockpit and yanks the electric cords out from under the panel and winds the cords around elbow) Pack it up!
I have mixed feelings about my trip mostly due to issues with family members. Maybe I will blog about that later. Im debating on it cause really, some folks need to be put on blast for their behavior. I dont like drama so folks that live and breathe it can leave me be and kick rocks! I have no use for added stress in my life.
But I had certain family that I was able to meet and I know that I will see again soon. They are true family. Nothing given or taken, but the sentiment. My auntie Esther, this lady had me crackin up. Her English is sketchy and she knows it. So she made it a point to entertain me with her attempts at English. The day we left. She turned to me and said..."when you dey go, I dey clang clang" Im laughing so hard cuz I know what she meant to say and asked her... "auntie, what is clang clang?" She looks at me and grins. "Phone".
As we were leaving she sings a song she remembers from school and even in its simplicity, its powerful for that moment. Made me a lil teary.
Oh my dear dahlin'
when can I see you when you are far away
Think of me
Dahlin' think of me
Dahlin' think of me
when you are far away
Think of me
Dahlin' think of me
Oh dahlin'
think of me when you are far way...
With all the bullshyt goin on, there were those great days of peace and moments of WOW! IM IN GHANA! Those moments I will cherish and continue to look back on. Shout out to my brother Nat for helping me out while I was there. You are the best lil brother ever. Hope to see you soon. Shout out to Nana Ama Danquah and Nana Nyarko Boateng for hangin with me and showing me the side of Ghana I hope to get to know better. Its not over. I have so much more to do in this life. Next time, Im gonna do Ghana right. No foolishness allowed. Im just sayin...





0 comments:
Post a Comment