I said I would do a blog at the end of last week but I was trying to work things some things out as well as get back in the swing of...everything. Well... still here! After an extremely stressful week of not knowing whether I would have to pack my things and drive on back to Beverlee (Wisconsin), I am still here in NY. Thank goodness the powers that be intervened right on time. Thank goodness for shelter, folks that helped me out and continued to encourage me. My ma is a beast and i love her madly! Things fell into place within a matter of a week. Thats how I knew...Im not done yet. I have alot to do. I said, if Im meant to stay...then something will come up this week, otherwise I'll take it as a get outta here from NY. That was my ultimatum. So in the week, I found a place and sum work. Its not my love, but Im thankful for it and hope it leads to better things. Love my new spot. Loft city! The view is sick from the roof. Summa time...thats where I will tan :-) Gotta keep my melanin count up!
Im such a fan of Rumi. He has these quotes on life that just make sense and they hit deep with anything going on with you at any given time. It has been such a help to me during this crazy period.
- "In Silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and see how the pattern improves."
- “Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the artistry moving through and be silent.”
- "Let the beauty of what you love be what you do."
- “Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.
Im finding its best to just keep some things to yourself. Telling your business and getting feedback from people is not always a positive thing. Ive had people make me feel like crap, talk down to me. I dont know whether this was intentional or not but with all this shit going on...I was about done. It was like being down and kicked. But I blame myself as well for what I was feeling. Its because I invited that ill feeling by telling things I should have just kept to myself. Silence helps you keep focused and not be distracted. My focus is to get my finances in order, work on my art and take care of my mother. I need to remember that and not let things get me down so easily. My struggle exists for a greater purpose. So...it continues.
I will be 30 in a matter of weeks. Oy! Much to think about. I kind of just wanna reflect this year. So much has happened and stressed me out. I just want to woo sah for my big 3-0. Still taking chocolate cake donations tho. Im just sayin...





0 comments:
Post a Comment