Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ghana 2010: Day 2

I wake in the morning w/my shirt stickin to my body. Sweat, sweat, and more sweat. OMG! I have never been this hot in my life. And everyone keep sayin, this is Africa. I know that...but gotdamn. Where the hell is El Nino when you need him. Unfortunately in the morning we head back to the house that God forgot to give smiles. And I dont care if someone speaks another language. You can tell when someone is talkin about you. I unclenched my fists and just ignored them. But Im serious...look at me crazy again...you DONT want it.

Thankfully my cousin came and asked if I wanted to go to the Accra Cultural Arts Center. Bet! Im out. Now an annoying characteristic about Ghana is before you step foot in the cab you have to negotiate your ride fee. I hate this cuz they see me and hike the price up cuz they know Im not from here. (teef suck)

In the states I HATE SHOPPING! So much so, before I go to the store I make sure I know what I need to I can get it and go. And I hate sales people in my face so the Cultural Center irked me to no end. As soon as they saw me coming...."sista sista look here, please come look here sista."

Gotdamn! I am not THAT Ghanaian-American. In Ghana some Americans will come and flash money to make themselves look like important people. Im frugal as hell in America and I'll be frugal everywhere I go. So NOPE! just lookin. Im here for 2mos, what do I look like buying stuff the 2nd day. Im sayin....

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you know how hot it would be when you were planning this trip??? Hell 65 is hot to me...It's 74 back in Madison and I'm burning the fuck up. Miss you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Damm girl , you are making me relive my own experience..I'm cracking the hell up!

Post a Comment