

MAKOLA MARKET!!!!! lol. Ive heard about it. Now Ive gone. Well I went before when I was younger but the only thing I remember from that was getting my hair braided by a woman that could pull roots from the ground with her bare hands and being force fed soup that revisited me later. Ahh...memories. Anyway. so Accra city...it's insane. wall to wall people. But you can literally find whatever you want there. I saw so much fabric I wanted to abscond with but kept my deal making face on. Like every piece of fabric disgusted me! But inside I was all...PONIES! I came to the market to get fitted for outfits. Yep. And get this...dresses. (gasp) Yep, I will be getting dresses made. I wonder if they can fashion some Chuckies in the same fabric. too much?
So got the measurements done. lol. the lady was like. Ok, waist is fine...and now hips. Oh boy. You have hips. lol. I KNOW LADY! Ive been trying to elliptical machine them away. Its a process. (snatches measuring tape away) Umm..SHUT UP! lol. She says..."the hip is nice tho with the outfit, you'll look nice" She was cool and all, even took the pics I wanted and made sketches. So we shall see. If I end up lookin like an african grandma moses...dress is not happening.
From the market we headed to Akumah Village. Eh hem...now renamed Phoenix Rising Resort for the culture succubi that cant pronounce A-K-U-M-A-H. Like for real...is nothing sacred? The view was amazing. There was a cabana house in front of the ocean and the food was vegetarian. But the servers knew nothing about the menu. Everything was I dont know. And this one had a stank attitude...I had to check myself like do we know one another and had beef at one time? Keep lookin at me like I stole your jump rope then...we gon' move some furniture in a minute.
I kept being told that this was where the rastas hung out. Im like aight I heard you the first time. Im not hunting. Lawd. Do all the women with relaxers pick a spot and hang out together? Gotdamn! Then I think I can go to a spot to just enjoy it for what it is. And these so called rastas that we saw were on the Lil Wayne spectrum of rasta...meaning they werent. Basically just like the beach and to smoke weed on the beach. Yep, just folks that like to loc their hair which is whateva. Not my biz. Ive noticed since I got here. I get the stare down ALOT! Its not even on the sly, the people will lock eyes with me and stare me down. Im checkin myself like are my lolos out or something? So we were on the tro tro (bus) and this girl was staring at me hard. I was getting agitated wondering why this chick is so rude to stare me down like that. Finally she asks my cousin in Ga, "is her hair natural or weave?" After my cousin told her it was my hair she giggled and said cool! Almost snapped on a child. whew! Woo saa.
Akumah village is so far my fav spot because the water is so peaceful. The waves are crashing and creating this breeze, taking the bite from the suns rays for a bit. Still have to catch Saturday night live reggae there tho. Traffic is a you know what so Ive been tryin to get home before too late. Omg! I sound so old. But I seriously have no patience for getting where I wanna get. I dont like taxis or buses...just like to hop in my car and go so Accra is...a big test.





0 comments:
Post a Comment