Friday, April 16, 2010

Ghana 2010: Day 9


Today my mother has started selling in the market. My relatives are like vultures but Im worse, dont **** with me or my ma! I will take my lady-like ways and hang em up.

My ma is a collector...not a hoarder...but borderline. lol. She just likes to buy things she dont need. I dont know why. Anyway, she collects dolls. The white dolls Im not a fan of but she especially likes black dolls. This guy comes up and looks at this black angel for sale. He's speaking in Ga which is hard for me to understand but if I listen hard enough and watch facial expressions I can get the gist. I knew what he was telling my cousin. He didnt like the color of the doll, but he likes the way she is dressed.

He goes and asks his wife to look at the doll and she walks by shaking her head and says no dont buy it the doll is horrific. So im heated. I say to the guy.."Wait, you dont like it because its black?" He smiles like a fuckin idiot and says yea. Im not letting this one go tho. "So let me get this straight, you are black and you want a white doll cuz the black doll is ugly?" He nods. "Yeah me and you are different, you like black things, I like white things." I sucked my teef so long, I swear my gap is a lil bigger.

"So let me get this straight, you are black but you like white things?"

BY THE WAY....THIS DUDE IS A BLEACHER!!! surprised...not really.

So the guy says again..."yea I like white things".

I can smell this dude, he's been to the states. And theres some poor white girl knocked up with his kids somewhere thinkin he's coming back. Meanwhile he's married here to A BLACK GHANAIAN WOMAN. Go tell your black wife you like white things...KWASIASEMKWA!!!!

I cant believe hes that dumb to fix his mouth to say that. smh. SO DONE!

SIDENOTE:
I'm a people watcher, you learn by observing what people do and how they behave. So the language barrier, not so bad. My cousin was talkin to me in Twi, I didnt understand but I did understand when he said its a shame my ma didnt teach me Twi. Dont worry bout my ma and what she did or didnt do. Shes a good woman, a hard worker, and the best mother I could ask for. thats more than they will ever know and all I need to know. The rest, I will learn on my own

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment